Representing the communities of the 69th District is my number one priority.
Key things to know about the Virginia House of Delegates
- The Virginia General Assembly is a bicameral legislature, meaning it is comprised of both a House of Delegates and Senate.
- The legislature is part-time and meets annually beginning in January of each year for either 45 days or 60 days.
- In even-numbered years, the legislature meets for 60 days to decide on the state budget for the next biennium, and in odd-numbered years, we meet for 45 days
- During the legislative session, the House and Senate typically convene at the Capitol in their respective chambers at 12 noon every day to vote on legislation.
- The General Assembly and the Capitol are both public buildings and are open to the general public year-round for tours and to observe the committee and legislative process.
Here you can view legislation, committees, individual House and Senate members, and the meeting schedule
Learn more about the Capitol, the legislative process, and take the "Capitol Classroom" course - it's great for all ages!
Review the state budget for the 2016-2017 biennium